Does Fitness walking really burn fat? Lot of people says that, the optimum level for burning fat is for you to walk at a steady pace for 45 minutes.
Can you imagine how boring it would be?
I like my workouts to be quick and effective. And I think that it's the best way as it gives me more time to do other things.
I don't want to be stuck on a treadmill for 45 minutes... do you?
So what's the fitness walking routine that you will ever need, that's not only quick and intense but very effective?
The 20 minute intense Fitness Walking routine
Equipment needed for this cardiovascular exercise
- Should be sturdy. Always check what sort of weight it can handle.
- Has a wide area. Nothing is worst than a thin treadmill, where you have no room to move around. We naturally tend to sway a bit sideways while walking or running and a treadmill should accommodate for that.
- Is skid resistant, so that you don't slip and injure yourself. Also the belt should provide a bit of cushioning when you get on it.
- Can be inclined. Need for the fitness walking routine that I am going to show you.
- Has an LCD display and an easy to change resistance.
- Has a sturdy handle bar on the side.
- Has a gradual start and finish and also must have an emergency STOP button.
- Must be low in the price category... :o)
Now that you have your treadmill, it's time for The 20 Minute Routine...
- Hop on the treadmill and punch in the necessary information on the LCD control panel, like your weight, age, etc...
- Slowly walk up to intensity 5 and hold that for 2 minutes.
- After the second minute, put the intensity up a notch. So now you are on intensity 6. Walk for a whole minute.
- Third minute... put up one notch to intensity 7.
- Fourth minute... again up a notch to 8.
- Sixth minute... again up a notch to 9.
- Believe me, you are fitness walking baby :) Then on the seventh minute, bring it right back to intensity 5 and walk for a minute...
- Repeat this process again. So you should be putting up a notch every minute for four minutes and on the fifth minute bring the intensity right back down to same as what you started with.
- When you hit the 19th and the 20th minute... slow right down for the cool down process, and then STOP.
That's your 20 minute fitness walking routine!
NOTE : As a variation you might want to incline the treadmill, instead of putting up a notch of intensity. For example, on the third minute, put one incline level up, next minute do the same... so on...
Benefit of this exercise and some tips
- You finish this fitness walking workout in 20 minutes. That means, more time in your hands.
- Intense cardiovascular workout. Good for the heart and lessprone to diseases.
- You burn Fat, hence, very effective. And...
For some tips...
- You should always warm up before your fitness walking routine. That means, stretch you quads, hamstrings, calves and lower back for 5 minutes.
- Always wear good, ankle support shoes.
- Drink a lot of fluid, for example, a sports drink.
- Always workout in a cool area, and if you feel fain or dizzy, stop immediately.
- Most important... Don't eat at least one and a half hour to two hours prior to this exercise and an hour after the exercise. This is where you burn fat the most.
- Always consult your physician prior to starting a work out program.
- Do remember though... If you don't have a proper diet and a proper whole body workout program no matter how much you do fitness walking, you will not achieve anything. You have to remember that it's more than just about losing weight. It's about reducing your chance of catching disease. It's about having a healthier heart and lifestyle. It's about decipline.
Remember to always have fun and appreciate the change that you will feel in your body... through fitness walking.